The Administrative Department implements City policies through the activities of city departments and management of the annual budget.
The Administrative Department houses a number of offices including that of the Mayor, City Manager, City Secretary and Personnel, Utility Collections, Floresville Economic Development (FEDC), Municipal Court, City Superintendent, Code Compliance, Finance Director and Community Complex.
Five City Departments manage day-to-day responsibilities of the City and special programs as directed by the City Manager.
city manager / henrietta turner, mba
The City Manager is appointed by the City Council and serves at their discretion.
This position is the Chief Administrative Officer of the city and is directly accountable to the City Council for proper administration of all city affairs.
- Keller Graduate School of Management of DeVry University
- Prairie View A&M University, BA in Architectural Design
- Focused, motivated and results-oriented HR Manager with a proven track record of workplace experience in leadership development, administration and management, benefits administration, change management, and employee relations
- Dynamic and accomplished forward-thinking professional with several years of proven skills as a city manager, demonstrating a track record of success and positive bottom-line results
- Master of Business Administration graduate (June 2013) with a concentration in HR Management, exposed to techniques and skills for transitioning into a role in human resource management
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with experience working effectively in a team; ability to foster innovation and drive change through expert leadership and coordination
- Experience managing municipal government issues and acting as a liaison with state and federal officials to obtain funding for local improvement projects
- Manager of the day-to-day operating activities for city with over 7,000 residents; also manages the operating expenses within annual municipal budget. Supervises key city departments including public works, community and economic development, parks and recreation, police, emergency services and general offices of the city
- Staff management responsibilities included direction and oversight for a team of approximately 60 city employees
- Works with the city council, public, private, and community organizations and citizens groups to develop programs. Liaison to Floresville 4A Corporation, Floresville 4B Corporation, Floresville Electric Light & Power (FELPS), Planning & Zoning Commission, FISD School Board, CMMC Board of Directors, Floresville Visitor and Tourist Center
city secretary / monica cordova
The City Secretary is responsible for maintaining and attesting to official records of the City. The City Secretary prepares the agenda for all City Council meetings, and keeps records of all regular and special City Council meetings and issues information concerning actions taken by the Council and the Mayor. This position also serves as City Treasurer, City Elections Officer, and Records Management Officer.