Traces water and sewer lines, makes departmental purchases, dispatches workers, keeps records, and performs other clerical duties.
Maintains and repairs city vehicles, police vehicles, and city equipment (excluding fire department vehicles).
Repairs and maintains city streets; removes weather-related debris ditch lines that may cause hazard; and constructs some city streets. This department also mows and maintains rights of way, installs and maintains street signage and pavement markings, maintains city owned areas and parks, and sweeps city streets.
Weekly Recycling & Bulk Trash Drop-Off
Recycling (glass, paper, and plastic items) and bulk trash (see list below) may be dropped off every Saturday at 815 Goliad (City Yard) from 8 am to 12 noon. A recent water bill and ID are required to establish proof of residency. Closed on Saturday before a holiday.
Monthly Citywide Cleanups
Yard and bulk waste pickups for 60 homes (first come, first served) on the first Saturday of each month. Call (830) 393-3105 by the last Wednesday of preceding month to be placed on pickup list.
Acceptable Pickup Items
- Household trash, yard waste, metal and general trash
- Couches, mattresses, box springs, stoves, washing machines
- Tree trimmings
Unacceptable Pickup Items
- Air conditioners or refrigerators (allowed on special cleanup dates)
- Commercial business waste
- Liquids including paint, oil, grease, household chemical or cleaning supplies
- Hazardous materials of any kind, including chlorine, fertilizers, batteries, or other chemical mixture
- Aerosol cans, air tanks, propane tanks, or any product under pressure
- Tires, batteries, rocks, dirt, concrete
- Construction debris or demolition debris
- Boats, cars, or engines
Call (830) 393-3105 by the last Wednesday of preceding month to be placed on pickup list
Brush Pickup & Mulching
Brush Pickup occurs monthly on the second full week of each month. Residents should stack all large piles of brush as close to the street as possible. Limbs should be cut into sections, not to exceed twelve feet in length, with the butt ends together. Medium piles of brush should be cut into sections, not to exceed four feet in length, with butt ends together and as close to the street as possible. Any loose branches or yard debris should be tied into bundles, using string or twine. No bags will be picked up by city crews. Residents must call City Hall at (830) 393-3105 to be placed on the brush list for pick up. If resident intends to keep mulch, request must be made in advance.
Call (830) 393-3105 to be placed on brush list
Second week of each month