Water Quality Reports
2019 Consumer Confidence Report for Public Water System
2018 Consumer Confidence Report for Public Water System
2017 Consumer Confidence Report for Public Water System
2016 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
2015 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
2014 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
2013 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
The City of Floresville owns three water wells.
Hospital Boulevard Well
Location: 1404 Hospital Blvd.
Well Pumping Capacity: 1450 GPM (2,088,000 GPD)
B Street Well
Location: 2701 B Street
Well Pumping Capacity: 1100 GPM (1,584,000 GPD)
Location: 10th Street/US Highway 181
Well Pumping Capacity: 1275 GPM (1,836,000 GPD)
All wells can produce a total of 5.5 MGPD water. At present our highest daily use is 3.2 MGPD. Our wells pump from the Carrizo/Wilcox Aquifer at a depth of 1250 to 1260 feet. Water is pumped direct from the aquifer to aeration and disinfected with chlorine gas. Natural fluoride is .4 mg/l and added fluoride to an optimum of .8 mg/l.
USDA Water System Improvements
The City of Floresville has been approved for a loan from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to fund various improvement projects for the City’s public drinking water system. The total amount of the loan is $3.719 million and will be used to make the required improvements. The improvement projects will be grouped into five construction packages described as follows:
Construction Package 1
- Demolish existing steel ground storage tank at Plaza water plant site and replace with a new, larger storage tank.
- Provide hookups for a mobile generator at the City’s three water treatment and storage sites. This will allow City staff to provide water to the City’s customers in the event of a city-wide power outage.
- Improve the water system monitoring devices at the three water treatment and storage sites so that the City will be able to monitor water production and distribution.
- Refurbish the existing aeration tanks at the three water treatment and storage sites so that the City will be able to better control taste and odor in the water provided to customers.
Construction Package 2
- Investigate and make necessary repairs to the City’s water wells at the Hospital and B Street locations to improve production capacity and water quality.
Construction Package 3
- Replace the existing water meters throughout the City with new meters that will enable City staff to collect meter data without having to make manual read of the meters. The data from the meters will be gathered by a signal sent to a laptop computer as staff drives by that meter’s location.
Construction Package 4
- Modifications will be made to the City’s water distribution system that will provide flexibility in the system for staff to move water throughout the system to increase supply in cases of abnormally high demand.
- Several water mains in the downtown area will be replaced with new PVC mains. The downtown area is the oldest part of the system and many of the water mains there are made from cast iron. As the cast iron pipes degrade, there are noticeable effects on the quality of the water that flows through them. This project will replace the oldest lines with PVC.
Construction Package 5
- Renovations to City Hall will be made to ensure compliance with the Texas Accessibility Standards and Fire/Life Safety Codes.