by Gregory Ripps, Wilson County News
Floresville Economic Development Corp. board members approved funding for three projects at their March 14 meeting.
The city’s 9-acre Pecan Park will receive an added boost of $15,000, to keep an ongoing improvement project on track.
Completed elements of the project include:
- Replacing old barbecue pits with 10 new ones
- Replacing old trash cans with 14 new ones
- Installing 10 new benches and two new bicycle racks.
Elements soon to be completed:
- Manicuring the park’s pecan trees
- Laying large stones around the parking lot to prevent vehicles from driving into the park.
The old posts around the parking lot have already been removed, according to corporation Executive Director Ben Reed.
Floresville City Manager Andy Joslin explained that the additional funds are currently needed because prices for equipment rental and labor have increased since original estimates were made.
“All costs are going up,” he said.
Future phases of the Pecan Park improvements include….